Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Teaser Tuesday: The Single Game by Amanda Black (Hey, that's me!!)




THE SINGLE GAME by Amanda Black

AN APARTMENT NOVEL


In this third, stand-alone installment of Amanda Black’s Apartment Novels series, sparks fly during a sexy party game.
When Eden Foster’s parents tell her they’re moving from the suburbs of Chicago to the tiny farm town of Aledo, Illinois, Eden is crushed. That is, until she runs crying to her jock boyfriend, who she finds on top of her so-called best friend. Moving’s not looking so bad anymore.
Now a senior at Mercer County High, Eden is ready to re-enter the dating scene. Still burned over the betrayal of her ex, she’s looking for someone sweet and innocent. With the help of her two new friends, Zoe and Amy, Eden makes a list of what she’s looking for: an eager virgin, ready for training—and no jocks.
Eden thinks she’s found what she’s looking for in Logan Black, a shy and geeky classmate. But why are Zoe and Amy convinced that the answer to her search is a party game…with kissing?

Eden better get ready, because she’s about to play the Single Game.
The Single Game is the latest addition to the erotic Apartment Novels series, which began with Lily and Ethan in The Apartment and The Blank Canvas.

~Excerpt~


There were times when I could swear that I felt his eyes on me, but I couldn’t bring myself to look. I didn’t want to see him looking away again to avoid me, or even worse, find out that he hadn’t been looking at all.
That’s when it dawned on me that I definitely wanted him to be looking at me, and the realization almost made me cry.
It [A1] really sucked to already know that there was no possibility with the first guy who interested me.
As I gathered up my things in my bag, I couldn’t help but notice his forearm on the table next to me. It was covered with the prettiest hair, and his muscles kept flexing. I looked further, landing on his long, slender fingers clenching into a fist.
Why hadn’t I ever noticed how sexy his hands were? 
I suddenly mourned the loss of those beautiful fingers ever touching me.
And I mourned the friendship that I thought I’d had with a sweet, quiet boy.
When the bell finally rang, freeing me from that torment, I wiped at the traitorous tears that were beginning to spill over onto my cheeks. Tossing my bag over my shoulder, I muttered a barely audible, “Bye, Logan,” before busting ass out of the room and heading straight to my locker.
When I finally got the combination to work, I threw the metal door open and shoved a few books inside. Taking a deep breath, I forced myself to calm down. There was no reason to get so worked up over something that quickly.
“Eden?” I heard his voice beside me. Why hadn’t I ever realized how rich it sounded?
Perhaps because he was always mumbling and avoiding me.
I took another deep breath to steady myself before shutting my locker and turning to face him. “Yeah?”
He was looking down at me through those fucking cute glasses, and all I could think in the back of my mind was: When did his eyes get so pretty? They were almost pure gray.
It took him a moment to speak; he kept looking at me, no doubt taking in the redness of my eyes and my puffy lids. It was without question the longest we had ever maintained eye contact.
“You weren’t bothering me,” he finally whispered.
“What?” I asked, not quite sure I had heard him right.
“Last night. You thought you were bothering me. I should have spoken up instead of letting you walk away.”
“You don’t have to spare my feelings, Logan. I get it. I know I talk too much sometimes.” I looked at him and gave him a weak smile. “I’m just sorry that I didn’t realize how annoying I was before now.”  
“No! Dammit… that’s what I’m trying to tell you!” He looked almost frantic for a moment, like he didn’t know what to do, and then the next thing I knew his soft, beautiful hands were holding each side of my face, forcing me to look at him. His thumbs moved slightly over the surface of my cheeks, as if he were memorizing the texture, and I wanted to reach my tongue out and lick one his thumb as it grazed the side of my mouth. “Listen to me, Eden. You have never annoyed me. Never.”
He glanced down at my lips as he finished speaking, and I could swear that I heard the slightest whimper under his breath. Before I had time to process what that sound was doing to my body, he was gone.
I looked around, but he was nowhere in sight.
Leaning back against my locker for a moment, I let out a huge gust of air that I hadn’t realized I’d been holding. My pulse was pounding in my ears and my legs felt wobbly.
What the hell just happened?


AMANDA BLACK



Amanda Black was born and raised in the Midwest, where she still lives with her husband and spoiled-rotten dogs. She earned a bachelor’s degree in Studio Art before deciding that she actually needed to pay some bills, which is when she took a position as an ophthalmic technician.
For the past few years she’s been a closet romance writer in her spare time and would love nothing more than to make it a full-time career. When she’s not writing her next steamy love scene, her interests include reading, sketching, and annihilating her friends and family in movie trivia.


Visit the author on:
Facebook: /AmandaBlackAuthor
Twitter: @AmandaBlackAuth
Tumblr: amandablackauthor.tumblr.com/
Spotify: /user/amandablackauthor
Blog: amandablackauthor.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment